Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Skills Post 3 - Proofreading and editting Skills Post 1

 Let's consider that we could go to one summer vacation camp between Camp Big Apple, Ranch West Camp, Head Start Splash. The aspects I want to compare and contrast educational curriculum and how does the students live in the camp.

 First of all 'Camp Big Apple' is an intensive academic English camp. It focuses on students' vocabulary and math skills with goals of preparing for English language tests such as SAT. This camp maybe helpful for students who are preparing English language tests. However I think this camp's curriculum is only focussing on English language tests.

 On the other hand, 'Ranch West Camp' believes students could learn best when they are studying what they want to learn. Students could choose between 9 subjects to learn Englishh. I believe that it may help you while studying subjects you want to. However the curriculum may feel a little bit narrow. Also 'Head Start Splash' makes students study materials used during one semester ihnj a certified 'International' school. Also they have the most outdoor activities during the camp than other 2 camps.

 I also think that situations that students are in are also important. In 'Camp Big Apple', students get to stay in dormitaries. They will meet students around the world and manage indepedently. In contrast, living in dormitaries could be terrible if the students don't manage to get along with each other. In addition, 'Ranch West Camp' put students in home-staying situations during the camp. This could help understanding other family's cultures and customs however students may collide with the home staying family. Last, 'Head Start Splash' could bring your family members to live with you and you live in a apartment near the beach. This action will make students organized but students will lack of independence.

 Although I had listed 2 aspects, I want to focus especially on the curriculum of the camps. 'Camp Big Apple' is a camp focussing on English language tests such as SAT. However 'Ranch West Camp' believes that we could learn English the best while studying what you want to do. I also agree with 'Ranch West Camp.' Lastly 'Head Start Splash' is a camp which learns the same curriculum as 'International Schools'.

 I think the most appropriate camp for me to go with my classmates will be the 'Ranch West Camp.' Although the curriculum may be narrow, doing stuff that is interesting always helps in learning a second language. Also home-stays may occur conflicts. However I think learning that each person is different is also a learning too. I will go to 'Ranch West Camp' if I had to choose one camp from those above.

No comments:

Post a Comment