Hello Everyone!!
If we consider that we could go to one summer vacation camp between Camp Big Apple, Ranch West Camp, Head Start Splash. We need to compare and contrast all the advantages and disadvantages of all 3 camps. The perspectives I want to compare or contrast are the focus of the education curriculum, and how does the student live in the camp.(Dormitaries, home-stays, apartments)
First of all 'Camp Big Apple' is an intensive academic English camp. It focuses on students' vocabulary and math skills with goals preparing for English language tests such as SAT. This camp maybe beneficial to students who are preparing for English language tests, however I think this camp's curriculum is only focussing on English language tests. Also students live in dormitaries in 'Camp Big Apple.' We could meet other students around the world and manage independently. On the other hand, living in dormitaries could be terrible if the students can't get along with each other.
Next, 'Head Start Splash' makes students study the materials used during one semester in a certified "International" school. Also they have the most outdoor activities while during this camp. Having many outdoor activities will increase interesting activities through out the camp but many outdoor activities sometimes equals less studying. In addition Students stays with at least one parent in an apartment near the camp. This could help to make the student's lives organized however this camp may lack independence.
Lastly, 'Ranch West Camp' has a belief that students could learn English the most effectively if they do something that interests them. Students could choose one subject they want to study between 9 subjects. I believe that it could help when you study subjects you want to, however it the curriculum may feel a little bit narrow. In addition students stay in a home-stay situation during the camp, so they could meet a new family. They could learn family's traditions or cultures as well. In contrast students could collide with the home-stay family because each people have experienced different things as they live.
Now I have compared all three camps. There are disadvantages and advantages to each camp. I think the most appropriate camp for me will be 'Ranch West Camp'. Although the curriculum may be narrow doing stuff that is interesting always helps in learning a langauge. Also home-stays may occur conflicts however I think learning that each person is different is learning too. I will go to 'Ranch West Camp' if I had to choose one camp from the above.
No comments:
Post a Comment